Commercial Research & Insight Manager
|Location||Hammersmith, London, UK|
|Agency||The Walt Disney Company|
|Closing date||June 25th|
Join our team to work across ESPN’s brand sales and partnerships in EMEA. This role will work with our advertising partners to ensure that we are reflecting and engaging with audiences in the most relevant and authentic way across the fascinating world of sports entertainment. You will be the voice of the consumer from pitch work through to partner campaign evaluation. Using behavioural science through to social analytics this varied role is crucial in creating meaningful and effective advertising campaigns for sporting audiences.
The role will also work to support brand sales and partnerships across our other world leading brands including Disney and National Geographic all the way through to our Studio brands such as Marvel and Star Wars.
The Opportunity & Responsibilities:
- Lead researcher for ESPN sales and partnerships. Plan, manage and implement research projects from scripting questionnaires through to presenting to clients at a senior level. Including: audience understanding; pitch response; concept testing; creative testing; social listening & campaign evaluation.
- Manage two direct reports (interns) and hire annually. Lead on developing a positive and conducive working environment that delivers both for direct reports personal development and the teams overall output.
- Budget responsibility for ESPN research budget and partial financial reasonability for broader team.
- Monitor engagement with ESPN cross platform. Using a variety of tools including but not limited to: social listening; social reporting; platform measurement and audience tools.
- Sports and key categories audience expert. Proactively keeping up-to-date with all sporting and category developments.
- Produce ‘Thought Leadership’ research projects and reports to present at a senior level internally and externally. Including running ad-hoc projects via our ‘FanSpace’ panel to profile and monitor audience excitement for upcoming sporting events and competitions.
- Create, maintain and disseminate reporting tools & dashboards for ESPN and wider Disney brand portfolio cross-platform (web, social, TV & press).
- Where needed, provide commercial insight support and management for other brands such as Disney+; National Geographic or Studios brands e.g. Marvel
The Experience We Require From You:
- Manage media effectiveness research projects independently from end to end including scripting questionnaires and data analysis.
- Comfortable presenting research findings to senior level stakeholders in an engaging and storytelling led way.
- Strong numeracy skills with a passion for analysing data. Commercial acumen and the ability to turn data into intersecting insights.
- Run and project manage quantitative analysis.
- Experience in statistical software such as; Excel; Alteryx; Tableau & Adobe would be desirable.
- Solid understanding / experience of cross media measurement techniques (TV Digital, Social & Print) with social and digital experience preferable.
- Solid understanding / experience of media owner research support.
- Role requires a curious an innovative thinker who is able to approach tasks from different perspectives.
- Desire to create a positive working environment and lead in the development of direct reports.
- Comfortable working on projects independently.
- Able to manage and prioritise multiple deadlines at once in a fast paced environment.
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Hybrid working is available
- Excellent parental and guardian leave
- Employee Resource Groups – WOMEN @ Disney, Disney DIVERSITY, Disney PRIDE, our new disability & neurodiversity focused group - ENABLED, and our Mental Health & Wellbeing Group, TRUST.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.