Insight Manager (Wireless)
|Closing date||March 13th|
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Team: Our COO department is made up of our marketing, insights and business transformation teams. Our primary aim is to achieve sustained profit growth through advertising revenue. We understand that print still plays a key part in our business, whilst digital growth will be key to future success. The customer is at the heart of everything we do and we are committed to personalising our products to meet their needs. We use insights from data to inform our business decisions and enable us to drive revenue growth across our suite of products, platforms and brands.
The Role: Reporting to the Senior Insight Manager (TV/Video), you will manage multiple Wireless research projects and mine & manipulate our customer and audience measurement data to ensure our product, brand, proposition, marketing and customer management are insight driven.
Day to day you will:
- Analyse and update RAJAR data. Every quarter on the release of new RAJAR data you will be required to analyse listening figures for all stations that we represent and produce a series of presentation decks and reports
- Understanding of the Radio Audio (including podcast) & Media Market Places - In order to present the Wireless case confidently and to generate trust, it is important to have knowledge of, and opinions on the current goings on in the industry, in particular factors affecting the radio / audio industry
- Deliver Wireless / Radio / Audio audience insight & consumer research projects to inform strategy, proposition, programming, presenter line-up etc.
- To represent News UK in relevant industry forums e.g. RAJAR
- To manage key supplier relationships and contract negotiations to extract maximum value for the business
What we’re looking for from you:
It is essential that you are a trusted advisor on all things insight. You will have proven experience with a wide range of research techniques, including creation of quantitative surveys, analysis of data and working with qualitative research methodologies. You will be curious about audience behaviour and how it is changing over time.
- Know how to identify the true business question, and design a research project to meet the needs of that question
- Skilled in analysing research and audience measurement data to turn it into insight using multiple datasets in one narrative
- Strong communication skills, excellent storyteller, getting to the key insights quickly and clearly
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with internal partners and the wider business
- Capable of multitasking, delivering at pace, working to tight deadlines and managing key stakeholder relationships
- Able to think imaginatively and creatively about the issues facing the Radio and Audio sector
- Excellent knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research techniques and approaches
- An ability to work collaboratively to get the best out of our research agency partners
- Accuracy and numeracy - must possess excellent QA skills and have an eye for detail
Life at News
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.