Senior Research Executive
|Closing date||September 12th|
Job title: Senior Research Executive
Role family: Global Clients & Media Brands
Role discipline: Research
Department: Global Research Team
Dentsu is the world's leading focused media and digital communications group. With consumers more connected, through a range of devices, than ever before, the era of media convergence is presenting many opportunities as well as a new, complex media eco-system.
From identifying who the consumers are, to how they make their decisions, dentsu and its brand businesses of Carat, Isobar, iProspect, Dentsu X, Mcgarrybowen & Merkle make the best use of today's media mix to bring to life the right communication strategy and deliver the best results for clients. For more information, please visit: www.dentsu.com
Our team develops research products and services to be used by Dentsu International brands and clients. The key product is CCS (Consumer Connection System), dentsu’s unique Consumer Centric Planning & Insight system. Based on a large and complex research study into people's lives, habits, passions, motivations, and media behaviours 400,000+ respondents in 65 countries and 10,000 attributes.
The global team works with colleagues in every country to deliver this data. In addition, we integrate our study with other data-sources to feed a range of custom tools for analysis, reporting and decision support. These are accessible to all Dentsu people. The systems are regularly used by over thousands of people in our client Insight, Strategy and Planning teams worldwide.
More than100 people are involved in the delivery of CCS Globally, coordinated and managed by a central team of 15 people in London. This team also provides research for dentsu International companies and their clients including: Coca Cola, Microsoft, General Motors, Philips, Kellogg’s, Heineken, Mastercard and Burberry, among others.
The Senior Research Executive will be expected to facilitate the operational implementation of the dentsu proprietary research project (CCS) in local dentsu markets and of the additional adhoc research projects working in conjunction with the Global Insight and Research teams.
The individual is expected to develop a strong trusting relationship with colleagues from around the world and to be a reliable source of support for the smooth running of their CCS/adhoc projects.
The individual will support the Global Director of Operation in responding to ad-hoc requests and general queries from the markets and work closely with other department of the CCS Global Research Team.
They will also have strong numerical skills, and experience in data processing and data checks.
Key areas of responsibility include:
CCS Operation management (60%)
1. Operational support to 40 + dentsu markets with their CCS research
- Provide tailored assistance to dentsu local research & insight teams on their timelines and project schedules.
- Support local team from evaluation of suppliers’ proposal to data delivery
- Ensure implementation of best practises
- Support local strategic work or local research opportunities
2. Custodian of knowledge
- Keep up to date information on every market, projects, tools used, etc.
- Keep the knowledge centre of all operational and set up documents up to date
- Ensuring that the latest international research data is available to the Global team
- Deliver guidelines document when requested
- Keep FAQ document up to date
3. Liaison with other Global research team departments
- keep schedule and delivery timeline of projects up to date for
- Work closely with the data processing team and data scientist teams to keep abreast of development in these areas
- Be aware of any updates, initiatives, and developments in the CCS tools
- Chair regulars catch up
Project Management (30%)
- Work with internal insight and research teams to plan and deliver the operation phase of their research project
- Manage the operational execution, keep timelines, set up WIP to ensure smooth delivery of meeting several overlapping ccs linked research projects
- Lead adhoc multicountry projects from taking brief to delivery
- Be the liaison between external stakeholders and the GRT’s departments (such as DP, Tool managers) during projects
- Take the initiative to share with the GRT update on local markets
- Gather info from local stakeholders and create case studies
- Support newsletter initiative
- Prepare trimestral regional conference calls
- Keep our internal communication channel up to date; sharepoint, Yammer, etc
- 2:1 or a First in a relevant field.
- Higher education in subjects requiring numeracy and fluency in English.
- Ability to co-ordinate multiple projects from an operational point of view
- Proven ability to set up and manage a project from start to finish
- Diplomatic ability to negotiate and convince
- Ability to understand and work across cultures
- Thorough understanding of principles and aims of market research and surveys in particular
- Experienced in using Excel – Essential.
- Knowledge of SPSS – A plus
- Experience of running cross tabulation of data
- Highly organised, diligent and detail orientated
- Excellent communication skills, especially written with strong numerical skills.
- Articulate communicator, sociable and people focus
- Innovative, confident, and thorough in their work
- Strong desire to learn and be a team player.
- Foreign languages a plus
Working with us
Joining dentsu international, you’ll join a team of 48,000 people. It’s an opportunity to produce career-defining work. Along the way, you’ll team up with inspiring colleagues and encounter a richness of clients, cultures and experiences. We offer exciting challenges, memorable experiences and opportunities to shape your future.
Inclusion and Diversity
We’re proud to be different and that starts with our people. We believe in equal opportunities for everyone. We won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual-orientation, age or disability. Individuality is what makes us great, we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing. That’s what we care about.
So, whether you’re joining us, or looking to move to a different part of the business, we work hard to make sure we create equal opportunities for everyone.
Please visit our website to find out more and connect with us on social.