Would you like to join the MRG Committee?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN THE MRG COMMITTEE?
The MRG Committee year comes to an end on 31st March 2020 and it's time to start the process of electing a new Committee.
Being part of the MRG Committee is truly rewarding: we help contribute to the success of our wonderful Industry through showcasing best practice, encouraging innovative thinking and supporting burgeoning talent. Only paid up members can stand and vote so please check that your membership is up to date!
Members who wish to be considered should forward their name, a paragraph on why they would like to join the MRG Committee (which will be displayed during the election) and a recent photograph of themselves (also to be displayed).
The deadline for nominations is Monday 9th March 2020 and the election will take place from Wednesday 11th March until 5pm Friday 27th March 2020.
Please send your nomination to the MRG Co-Chair, Joe Lewis, by 9th March.
- Those wishing to stand for election must have completed one full year's membership by the time of the election i.e. have paid a full year's subscription for the year preceding the election. So if a person wants to stand for election in March 2020 then they must have paid for the year from at least 1st April 2019.
- Those standing must ensure that their company has settled all outstanding MRG invoices.
- The Committee is comprised of volunteers from the Industry: this is not a paid role and we all fit our duties in around our day jobs! It’s rewarding but it does take up 1-2 hours of your time each week on average so please consider this before you stand for election.
- To ensure as wide a representation of the membership on the Committee as possible, no two people from the same company are allowed to serve in the same year. This has been a principle of the Committee for many years. If two people from the same company wish to stand the preferred solution is that they discuss it among themselves and decide which one of them will stand. This is intended to avoid a situation where two people from the same company stand for election and both get elected but one can't take up their place.
- In order to provide a service to members, those standing should aim to attend at least 10 out of 12 Committee meetings per year (these usually last 2 hours and take place during business hours) and be able to chair evening meetings and training when required.
- Those that have served on the Committee before can stand again.
Here are the nine positions on the Committee that are up for grabs (roles are allocated after successful election to the Committee and are written here for information purposes only):
- Chair - oversees the running of the Committee and the organisation of MRG conferences. The position of Chair is unavailable in 2020 as it halfway through the 2-year tenure.
- Commercial – negotiating the sponsorship opportunities for events and the MRG awards.
- Communications & Jobs – handling our Twitter and LinkedIn channels, job adverts and general marketing.
- Education – organising and supporting training courses.
- Evening Meetings – organising our diverse range of monthly evening talks.
- Finance – keeping MRG accounts in order and budgeting.
- Membership – handling our membership relationships and queries.
- Social – organising a raft of member social events.
- Website & Emails – maintaining/developing our website www.mrg.org.uk, and sending out MRG emails.