Senior Insight Analyst
|Closing date||February 10th|
- Role: Senior Insight Analyst
- Reporting to: Head of Data Science
- Location: Euston
WildBrain Spark is an industry leader in the management and creation of preschool and children’s entertainment content on platforms such as YouTube, Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and others. WildBrain Spark’s branded YouTube network is one of the largest of its kind, featuring more than 145,000 videos for over 600 kids’ brands in up to 22 languages. One in three kids worldwide with access to YouTube watch video on the WildBrain Spark network, which has over 75 million subscribers, and generated over 161 billion minutes of watch time across 32 billion views in 2018. Connecting kids’ content owners with advertisers in the Advertising Video-on-Demand (AVOD) space, the WildBrain Spark network features popular third-party brands such as Fireman Sam, Woody Woodpecker, Popeye, Shopkins, Irish Fairy Doors and Ben 10; original brands Kiddyzuzaa and Ellie Sparkles; and much of WildBrain Spark’s world-renowned library of 13,000 half-hours of kids’ and family content, including Peanuts, Teletubbies, Strawberry Shortcake, Caillou, Inspector Gadget, Degrassi, Yo Gabba Gabba! and many others. WildBrain Spark Studios also specializes in the creation of new, original content for its network, such as animated and live-action shorts; toy-play and stop-motion videos. WildBrain Spark is a wholly owned subsidiary of WildBrain.
About the Role
This role reports to the Head of Data Science and sits in the Data Science team, a mixed team of scientists and analysts. Data Science is a key component of the broader Strategy & Innovation team, central in the definition and execution of the company’s growth.
The Insight Analyst will focus primarily on supporting our Partnerships team – who manage digital video distribution and strategy for some of the largest media companies in the world, including Warner Media (Cartoon Network), NBCU (Dreamworks) and Mattel to name a few – as well as the Production team, who leverage data to inform creative decisions - and our Paid media team - who deploy advertising budgets online. We use data in varied and creative ways; from informing content development, to analysing business and content performance, understanding the YouTube algorithm and building correlations between various digital environments / platforms and offline channels.
Given the size of our data sets and clients we work with, we are looking for a well rounded Insight Analyst with strong technical and commercial skills. You will likely have at least 2 years experience as an Insight Analyst. You should know SQL and a leading business intelligence tool like Tableau or Data Studio. You will also ideally have a track record liasing with external clients and non technical stakeholders (and the soft skills that come with it).
- Develop high impact insights for the business (reactively and proactively), making clear recommendations on how to use the insights, collaborating with the business, in particular the partnerships, production and paid media teams.
- Explain complex analytics to non-technical audiences
- Support the team’s effort in identifying internal process efficiencies, experimenting with new and innovative methods to enhance analytical outputs, leveraging machine learning and our unique scale.
- Attend internal and external meetings, leveraging the data expertise to provide a fact-driven perspective.
- Act as a champion of the Data Science and broader Strategy & Innovation team, projecting trust, reliability and expertise.
- Develop and design new dashboards in Tableau or Data Studio that increase productivity and dissemninate insights more widely.
- Develop close relationships with key stakeholders across the business, managing expectations, priorities and timeline adequately.
- Coaching junior members of the team, with the opportunity to gain line management experience
The Insight Analyst must have: -
- Great presentation and communication skills, a confident curiosity to explore and understand analytical problems,
- Excellent insight development and planning skills with a demonstrable track record generating insights from large data sets, with evidence of how insights are shared with colleagues / clients to achieve actionable results
- Enjoys interacting with clients and presenting analytical findings
- Proficiency in SQL
- Knowledge of a leading business intelligence tool like Tableau or Data Studio
- A passion and motivation to learn new skills and technologies on the job
- Creative problem-solving mindset
- Strong interest in the media industry, brands and intellectual property
The following skills or attributes are highly desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge of YouTube analytics
- Experience with Tubular Video Intelligence
- Experience with Google BigQuery
- Work at the cutting edge of the digital media industry with the resources of a blue chip company and agility of a start up.
- Ability to make an impact with data in numerous ways.
- Enourmous and varied data e.g. datasets covering every video uploaded to platforms like YouTube/Facebook/Instagram and Twitch (across all genres).
- Exposure to Machine Learning and AI (with the ability to leverage it with SQL knowledge using BigQuery ML.)
- Develop expertise in digital video strategy, brand building and entertainment consumption