|Location||2 Waterhouse Square, 138 - 142 Holborn, London, EC1N 2AE|
|Closing date||December 13th|
- Research Executive (full time)
- Maternity Cover - up to 12 Months FTC
ITV is the biggest commercial television network in the UK. Behind every famous face, there are hundreds of others, all doing their bit to make things happen. We love telly, we’re passionate about content and most importantly we understand our audiences. As a growing international company, we’re commercially minded and have a global focus. We’re all about pushing the boundaries and being innovative.
Our research teams are the voice of the viewers, providing expert analysis of viewing behaviour, programme performance and provide insight into audience trends, behaviours and our competitors to help us understand how to improve our content schedule.
What this role will entail…
Are you passionate about TV audience research and keen to play a key role in maximising and maintaining the popularity & effectiveness of our News, Current Affairs, Sport, Factual, Daytime, ITV4 and CITV programmes?
Our genre Audience teams work closely with ITV’s commissioners and producers to ensure that audience planning, research and TV audience insights are one of the key factors behind the development of programmes. We are looking for a Audiences Research Executive to join the team where you will play the important role of organising, analysing and communicating raw research findings and insights.
As our Audiences Executive, you will have an important role of organising, executing and analysing research that will feed into actionable insights for the Factual hub, as well as the wider Marketing, Schedule & Commissioning departments. You will be an effective practitioner of varied research techniques, qualitative or quantitative, and be able to analyse, synthesise and communicate the results of audience research effectively.
Working closely with both the joint Heads of Audiences for Factual and the Controller of Audiences (Studios), maintaining an awareness of the priorities, strategy and requirements of marketing and working collaboratively and closely with our lateral partners for International Research, Online and Commercial Research.
Our ideal candidate:
Experience in a range of research techniques, both qualitative and quantitative, traditional and digital
- You will have a detailed understanding of the full range of ITV’s programmes, its channels, and our place in the wider television market.
- A passion and enthusiasm for television - ITV’s News, Current Affairs, Sport, Factual, Daytime, ITV4 and CITV content in particular a must!
- Has an in-depth understanding of the uses of analytical tools and market research techniques (including quantitative and qualitative research methodologies)
- Will have excellent communication and presentation skills – with the ability to turn research findings and data into compelling and useful findings
- Experienced in managing BARB audience data would be essential, knowledge of AdvantEdge would be preferable
Closing Date: Friday 13th December
ITV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we have committed to interview all candidates with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role.
"ITV, where creativity, diversity and collaboration put us right at the heart of popular culture."