Senior Research Analyst, Kids Content and Channels EMEA
|Location||Hammersmith, London, UK|
|Agency||The Walt Disney Company|
|Closing date||June 25th|
This role will require the ability to synthesise datasets across markets, identifying themes and trends in kids viewing habits and choices to help optimise our overall channel performance and management. Working closely with the content production team by conducting primary research to inform development. The role requires strong analytical skills, an inquisitive mind and a love of TV content.
This role will support the Research Manager for the genre, and work in partnership with the overall Media Networks Research and Insight team.
Areas of Responsibility
- Providing insights for marketing, programming and franchise teams through analysis and interpretation of consumer research and audience measurement across linear and non- linear platforms.
- Performance analysis of the TWDC Kids Channels’ portfolio and competitors.
- Work with local market research teams within EMEA ensuring the regional team are informed about market specific highlights and developments impacting on the Media Networks business.
- Support research management in strategic reviews and forward planning analysis.
- Supporting the research management in running primary or desk research projects to understand audience viewing behaviours.
- Work and communicate effectively with external research agencies to run content testing projects to help the production team with programme development.
- Use internal and external data sources to undertake analysis, identifying key themes and making recommendations as appropriate to more senior marketing or business stakeholders.
- Working with local market research teams within EMEA, sharing best practice and guidance where applicable.
- Liaise with global research team and represent the EMEA perspectives to ensure that insights support the business at both a global and EMEA level.
- Build independent relationships across functions focused on the kids genre.
- Highly numerate and excellent analytical skills, including data manipulation
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to manipulate large data sets
- Excellent organisational, written and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build clear insight from analysis & presentation of research data from a variety of sources
- Knowledge and experience of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
Experience & Professional Skills Required
- Experience within a broadcaster or media research consultancy setting
- Experience in TV audience measurement tools, e.g. TechEdge
- Knowledge of Kids TV landscape
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience developing/writing surveys for content testing in co-ordination with research agency (desirable but not essential)
- Stays current on kids’ industry trends, and TV measurement advances
- Examines issues from a broad perspective, considering impact beyond immediate scope
- Resolves conflicts effectively
- Manages the needs of diverse stakeholders
- Interacts well with people who have different backgrounds and work styles.
- Tailors message appropriately to audience
- Listens and asks questions to ensure understanding
- Conveys relevant information in a candid and timely manner
- Develops appropriate metrics to assess business performance
- Analyses problems effectively and takes action to resolve
- Uses technology to facilitate better results
- Holds self and others accountable to high performance standards
Inspires Creativity and Innovation
- Proactively looks for new opportunities
- Supports new initiatives
- Demonstrates flexibility in response to changes
Exhibits Professional Excellence
- Maintains composure under pressure
- Earns the trust and respect of colleagues, partners and stakeholders
Strives for self-improvement, pursuing excellence with integrity and passion
- This is a cross-territory role so appreciation for different cultures and customs will be expected
- Maternity Cover - 12 Months FTC with potential for extension