Head of New Business Development
|Location||Bristol / Flexible remote|
|Closing date||June 14th|
About Digital i
Digital i was born from a desire to automate TV ratings provision and create imaginative solutions and reports that analyse all sides of the media landscape.
Since then the company has evolved from a leading UK provider of overnights, regular reports, and ad-hoc consultancy services to a global technology company with an international data visualisation software and an award-winning SVOD tracking system.
For us, development, ideas, and creativity are valued alongside transparency, accountability, and team spirit. The entertainment industry is moving rapidly, which means that research must move with it. We aim to constantly innovate without ever comprising our high standards of data accuracy.
In the past two years, revenue has tripled as our client list grew rapidly to include a range of global streaming companies, European broadcasters, and large production houses. Our SVOD audience data has been featured The Guardian, El País, Bloomberg, and The Financial Times and our SVOD analytics tool has won two MRG awards and a Mediatel Media Research award.
Now we are reaching our second stage of growth, we need a strategic and charismatic individual to help us capitalise on the growing awareness of our products and cement our place in the market. In return, we offer you the opportunity to travel and work with some of the most exciting, household-name global entertainment companies and be part of a flexible, fun, and ambitious team.
About the role
This is a brand-new role with huge potential for growth. The key responsibility of the Head of New Business Development will be to use their connections and charisma to find and harness new opportunities with entertainment brands, publishing houses and investment banks in the UK and Europe.
The right candidate will be as comfortable picking up the phone to talk to a C-suite media exec as they are demonstrating our latest software tool to a large international team. They will be expected to use their creativity to find new markets and verticals as well as concentrate on capitalising on marketing-qualified leads.
Digital i’s current core client base is located in London, Paris, Madrid, Milan, and Munich. Our main office is based in Bristol but we will only require fortnightly visits to the head office so will consider candidates from a broad range of locations.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities for the company
- Create and identify prospect clients with the aim of building a continual pipeline
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure that no lead goes to waste
- Travelling to visit prospects across Europe
- Influence and direct and implement new strategies for generating and capitalising on business opportunities
- Represent the company at networking events, conferences, and high-level meetings
- Keep a finger on the pulse of audience measurement developments and understand they key requirements of our core client base when it comes to media research tools and data
- Present suite of software solutions to new prospects either face-to-face or on Zoom
- Identify a prospect’s key needs and pain points and recommend the perfect Digital i product to meet their requirements.
You understand the media research industry and have experience selling software subscriptions to a syndicated service. You love to travel, network and wow prospects with the cutting-edge new forms of media measurement and analysis. You have a good knowledge of the UK and perhaps even European media ecosystem with a background in media research sales, ad sales, agency, or content sales.
The right candidate will be comfortable using a CRM system and will have no issue speaking to a variety of prospects from research teams to strategy leads.
But most of all, we want you to be to as excited and inspired to grow Digital i’s business and launch our award-winning software solutions on the global stage.
Essential skills and qualities
- Excellent track record of at least 5 years in a sales role
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- An aptitude and willingness to develop new growth strategies
- Good problem-solver
- Self-motivated and tenacious
- Capable and confident to demonstrate software tools in meetings (training provided)
- Strategic thinker
- Good knowledge of the UK media industry
- Happy to travel
Desirable but not essential
- Speak several languages: Spanish, Italian, German, or French
- Good with PowerPoint and other MS Office applications
- Previous experience selling subscriptions to a syndicated software service
- Experience drawing up proposals
- Knowledge of the TV measurement and ratings industries
- Familiarity with Hubspot
- A good network of media research connections